We have found that Registration fails due to one of the following reasons:
- Incorrect name and/or unlock code being entered (the unlock code is case sensitive and sometimes users accidentally enter extra spaces at the end)
- Incorrect or older version of software installed.
More information is given below for each of the errors.
1. Incorrect name and/or unlock code being entered
Ensure that the name and unlock code is typed exactly as shown in your original e-mail. Pay particular attention to spaces and capital letters.
Also try to actually type it in instead of cutting and pasting. On some computers we have found that pasting adds some hidden characters.
Very occasionally the following may also create problems.
When typing in the numbers, don't use the number keypad off to the right of your keyboard, because they are sometimes interpreted as different characters and it will not be accepted, although it may look right to you.
2. Incorrect or older version of software installed
Ensure that the unlock codes are being used on the right version of software. E.g. QuickFile version 5.x unlock code will not work in QuickFile version 6.x
This can be verified by checking the current version of software installed on your outlook,
Please follow the steps below to do this:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook.
2. Go to the "Standss Outlook Addins" Tab
3. From QuickFile Group, Select More -> About QuickFile for Outlook
4. QuickFile Version number is displayed on this screen.