We have found that Registration fails due to one of the following reasons.
- Unlock Code is entered into the wrong version of the program.
- Incorrect name and/or unlock code being entered (the unlock code is case sensitive and sometimes users accidentally enter extra spaces at the end).
More information is given below for each of the errors.
1. Unlock Code is entered into the wrong versions of the program.
Open Microsoft Outlook.
If you have installed the incorrect software, uninstall the wrong software:
Uninstall the Wrong Software
You don't need to do this if you actually want both softwares installed. However, if you want to get rid of the other software:
Ensure Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word is closed. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager. Click on the Processes Tab.
End processes with the names OUTLOOK.EXE
Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs
Select the incorrect version of the software and click Remove.
Use the appropriate link from below to download and install the correct software:
Please go to the link below if you are registered to EmailTags and download:
After downloading install and register EmailTags:
To install and register:
- Ensure Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word is closed. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
Click on the Processes Tab.
End processes with the names OUTLOOK.EXE and WINWORD.EXE
Double click on the downloaded file to start installation.
Follow on screen instructions to install EmailTags
- Open Microsoft Outlook. The Register EmailTags screen will show up.
- Select the register tab on this screen. Enter the Registered Name and Unlock code exactly as you received and click OK.
You will now have a fully functional version of EmailTags.
2. Incorrect name and/or unlock code being entered
Ensure that the name and unlock code is typed exactly as shown in your original e-mail. Pay particular attention to spaces and capital letters.
Also try to actually type it in instead of cutting and pasting. On some computers we have found that pasting adds some hidden characters.
Very occasionally the following may also create problems.
When typing in the numbers, don't use the number keypad off to the right of your keyboard, because they are sometimes interpreted as different characters and it will not be accepted, although it may look right to you.